Wednesday, February 22, 2012

~A new addition~

I found a lovley piece on one of my favorite sites to visit...facebook yardsale.  It's kinda like a craigslist, I think, if you are wondering.  It looked like this when I picked it up about an hour away from my home for $80!  It's solid oak...and a heavy sucker!


So guess what I did...you know it...I painted it!  I thought long and hard on my way home about what color.  I'm always painting evetything white, but I was wanting something a "little" different.  So I stopped at Lowes and got some paint, went to Tagert for the glass knobs and headed for home with excitement!

This is what ALWAYS happens when I paint...it never fails!


But it is so worth it...because the magic always happens.......


I added the appliques and the glass knobs for that shabby look that I absolutely love.  Can you tell that it's a Pale Pink?  Let me tell you that this sucker soaked up the paint...one coat of spray paint primer and two coats of satin paint.  My arms were tired....


And this is where I put it....



I know...it's an old TV...but ya know...we've had it since we were first married.  My Uncle bought it for us as a wedding present.  It's perfect for the girls and their games.  But...now if it blows...I'll have enough room for a BIG one. 

Now I'm off to go to the store...a new project in the making.....Hope you all have a very blessed day!





15 comments:

  1. Wow what a nice transformation!!! You have the dreamiest and most soothing home I've ever seen. I'd probably fall asleep every time I sat down!!! Love it love it love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That piece had your name and number all over it. Looks awesome girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pale pink looks great against the walls and the white curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so beautiful! I have never heard of Facebook yardsale. I love how you can hide things in it. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is beautiful. And, the glass knobs are PERFECT! I can't get enough of glass knobs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's very lovely Melanie ... girl, all your projects made me tired! LOL Actually, you remind me that I need to do more than make lists of what I what to get done & just get it done! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great, Melanie! You did a beautiful job on this! I love the appliques and glass knobs. I did an old pine armoire we had for years, a couple of years ago, but I did black and also added appliques and glass knobs. I've been kicking around painting it again ~ Old White this time because I think it would go better in the room it's in now, in our new place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI sweet Melanie, thanks so much for stopping by! I LOVE what you did with this armoire, it looks GREAT! Such a pretty room you have. This is a wonderful addition. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mel! Love love love the cabinet! The glass knobs are a perfect touch!! It is soooo you!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a great job it looks awesome. I just love adding appliques to my stuff too, it makes such a huge difference where do you buy yours?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janae...I have bought them from http://www.doityourselfchic.com/ I seen the advertising in one of my Romantic Homes mags and tried them out. So far, so good. I honestly could add then to anything and everything! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Melonie I asolutely LOVE it. Many years ago I bought an armoire that truly was an antique and I ended up painting it twice. The last time about 10 yrs ago a barn red. And it still is. It is in my family room which is not shabby...but my living room is. It took alot of 'guts' for me to paint it the first time. The second time I didn't feel guilty at all. And we still love it. I love how you put yours in your bedroom. I bet your hands were tired. As usual it all looks just gorgeous!!!

    Nann

    ReplyDelete
  13. PS I love the glass knobs and appliques. Thanks for the address to get them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love it!!!! I have some pieces in my bedroom that I want to do but have never tried this. Can you give me some tips?

    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh it's beautiful! I love the appliques & glass knobs & of course, the pretty pale pink.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie