Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Sweet Memories of Christmas Past



 
 
This year I decided to put this white tree in here instead of at the bottom of the stairs in our master.  I have always wanted to do it up in pink ever since I bought it.    I think it'll be here next year...
 
 
 
I had the little tree skirt but then added a bed skirt made of tulle along with it.  It matched perfectly and gave it that softness I was wanting.

 
 
The Merry Christmas letters were done in a red from years ago.  So last year I done a lot of painting....trying to reuse instead of buying new.  I have two little churches in between that I absolutely adore!
 
 
I had to move the chest into here for the tree to fit into the living room.  So this ended up being a hodge podge of the leftovers...I'm quite happy with how it turned out.  The angel in the middle was a gift from my Mama years ago.  I bet you know what I did with it....yes...I painted it!


 
 
I found this little angel years ago at Home Goods.  I added the little pink roses and berry garland.  She hangs by the door all year long.
 
 
Mom bought me the angel and she actually lights up and sparkles.  She is so pretty!  I had to move this lamp and stand also into here.  This room always ends up getting all of the leftovers and is one of my favorite rooms.  Do any of you all have a room like that?
 
 
My youngest gave me this angel as a Christmas present years ago...she knows how much I love snow and angels....and she bought it from my favorite store, HOME GOODS!  She knows Mommy so well.
 
 
It sits on one of our guest beds ready to greet a nice little slumber....
 
 
And last but not least...this little angel used to be my Mama's.  She had painted the wings blue years ago.  It looked like a real angel with eyes and peachy skin...but I didn't like that look.  So I painted it all white then painted the wings pink.  So as you can see...I love reusing all of the old stuff and revamping it someway.  A lot of memories, too special to cast away.
 
 


18 comments:

  1. Your home is so pretty, and looks so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie,
    So pretty and so sweet. Very comfy!!! Love it all. Merry Christmas dear blogger friend.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kris...that's a wonderful compliment coming from you! Merry Christmas to you too!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely room, Melanie! You've managed to fit those pieces in there well. I have that issue, too, and now wished I'd moved a chair out of the living room like I did last year for our tree. Love the bed and your window treatments look great ~ simple and classic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy...it sure is a major job decorating for Christmas for me, lol!

      Delete
  4. I had forgotten about the metal angel and the cherub--both of them look better than ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you have reused and kept the things you love. You have some great angels. They are beautiful- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana, they just have so many wonderful memories.

      Delete
  6. Your pictures leave me speechless - everything is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing. Merry Christmas to you, my friend!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie, so sweet of you to say that! Merry Christmas to you!

      Delete
  7. I just found your blog and I love it! This bedroom is beautiful. I love pink and I don't care if it is in or out.... I can't wait to look at your older posts.

    Blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your White and Pink Christmas home. It looks so cozy and inviting.
    Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas!!!
    Suzann ~xoxo~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzann, wishing you a Merry Christmas too!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie