Saturday, November 30, 2013

My First Pair of Wings

This weekend has turned out to be so much fun with ideas and crafting!  I am working on making another Angel Column to sell.  
I am the type of person that works with what I have so I had to get creative with making angel wings.

Of course I always go to the web for inspiration...especially on Pinterest.  But I didn't find anything like what I was thinking about.

I found some paneling I had in the garage just big enough to draw a wing pattern twice and then I cut it out with my jigsaw.


I drew a black line for the wings so you could see.  My idea at first was to use them this way after painting...but then I had an amazing idea to use chicken wire!



I added two wood strips so I could attach it to the column and for them to hold the wings together sturdily.

Then I added the chicken wire and folded it to the back side and stapled.  Then trimmed with my metal snips.

I am planning on trimming the backside out because the chicken wire will poke the heck out of you!


Then the fun began!  Cutting all of the strips of fabric and then tying them on....but oh, just look at them!  So worth the legs going to sleep, being poked and my back hurting.
(Rolling my eyes in the back of my head)




I had the hubby hold them up to one of the columns I have (not the one I am using) to see what they would look like.  I am so happy!  And I didn't have to order or buy anything...I had everything here to make them!  




Not too shabby don't ya think?


1 comment:

  1. Very creative! I love wings --they make me happy all year round :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie