Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year 2015

Things have been a whirlwind around here these past 2 months.....Thanksgiving through to the new Year.  I have spent most of my days at doctor appointments and at the hospital having tests done with our youngest daughter Hannah.
After the scare we had with her and her hospital stay, we are finally getting answers and she is doing so much better.  There are still a few more tests that haven't come back yet, so please keep her in your prayers for a simple cure.

Our Christmas was quite wonderful.  We were able to spend time with each other and didn't venture away from home which was a breath of fresh air after running so much.

I had a birthday too!  Talk about feeling old and tired, lol!

The day after Christmas, I decided to take the decorations down because of more appointments...so I knew I wouldn't have the time.

And of course, I was able to move some things around and put out some spring flowers.


I love this layout for a change.  It's nice and cozy for Winter.


Thankfully our living room is pretty big so I can pull the furniture in tight away from the walls which makes for a nice entry.


I've had it this way years ago, but not with the new window wall.  


A nice change.....


I found this chair on a yard sale site.  It was a dark wood tone with a blue tufted seat.  I  knew I would be painting it though and making a slip cover.  I love it paired with this table.


Louis (our cat) loves it too!


I paired down some tables which gave me more space.  I really have too much furniture!


Look at how cute this wall lamp is!  My sweet mother gave it to me as a birthday present...it was black and she knew I would paint it.  I also made the slip cover for the half shade.  It has a remote to turn on and off and is battery operated.


I really do love having this space clear to walk through when entering...no muddy boots on my rug!


My sweet daughters took me out and bought me these beautiful flowers for the island.  I'll still tweak them a bit before it's all said and done.


I love the colors all mixed together...Easter colors are what I call them.  And can you tell I love china?


I really love Winter, but we've had NO snow at all yet!  So now I am thinking about Spring...


After taking down the tree, everything looked a little bare.  Once I started adding those small touches of pretty flowers, it made me want Winter to be over.  Definitely not a norm for me since I love SNOW!


A dash of color on the counters...I usually like to keep it simple and clutter free.


Spring has sprung, at least it has inside!  Definitely makes those gloomy days to not seem so gloomy. 


I hope all of you have a very blessed New Year,
one with lots of good health, happiness and love!







2 comments:

  1. Your home is so pretty and cozy sweet Melanie. Happy New Year to you and your family. May the new year bring answers and much needed better health for your daughter. Happy New Year.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Melanie to you and yours !!!!
    Your home is just GORGEOUS, but, yet very homey and livable ........ we like a lot of the same things ....... lots of white and pink with touches of blue ........ and, my haviland dishes are abundant, love to mix and match them ...... never ever the same here ......... hope everything is well with your daughter ....... prayers my friend xo Thanks for always sharing such prettiness, A JOY :):)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie