Thursday, November 19, 2015

Snowmen Ornaments

This time of year, I love to craft!  I remember Mom and I sitting at the kitchen table making wreaths from foil.  They were absolutely beautiful!  Mom would save every little piece of anything that would look lovely on the wreaths and now I do the same thing.  

Saving hair things from the girls, the little delicate flowers on the hair bands, the ribbon and lace that Mammaw saved from dress making, even some of the pieces Mom saved back then too, are all apart of my crafting somehow.

Fond memories go through my head as I sit and paint the faces on these snowmen.  I think about how my Aunt Judy thought this was the cutest idea.  Sadly, one that I had made for her for Christmas, never got to be gifted. 

I know they are smiling down upon me from heaven as I sit and craft.

A few years ago, I stumbled upon a photo of a light bulb made into a snowman ornament.  That's when the "light bulb" went off in my head!

This was the very first one that I made....


I was so excited!  And amazed that I could paint a cute face, lol!


I had a sweet lady ask if I could do some for her in these colors, so that's what I did.  My spare bedroom looks like a fabric bomb went off!  I save little scraps for this very reason...


Once I start crafting, I do not want to stop.  Just like when I sew...I look for things to keep sewing.  I enjoy it so much!


I saw where light bulbs were made into just the heads also...so I had to make one this year to see if I could do it.  This one is mine!  Aunt Judy told me to always keep the very first thing you do...I'm so glad she shared that with me because it's nice to go back and look at how far you've come.


As I was looking for a place to hang this one, I sat it on a candle stick and fell in love!  Just look at how cute that is!  I had already had the fabric bow on it so it looks like I intentionally did it.  Perfect mishap!!!

Now Mom put hers in her candle holders too and look how cute they are!  See, a perfect mishap!


If any of you are interested, please check out ~Sweet Melanie Creations~ 

Thanks so much for letting me ramble on.  It's almost Friday and I see more crafting happening this weekend!

Have a blessed rest of the week and enjoy this weekend.  Don't forget that God has blessed you with all of it.



5 comments:

  1. The blue ones that you made for me last year are some of my most treasured possessions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie, I love all those you made and they do look adorable on the candle holders. I had seen the light bulb snowman head ones done before and I showed my daughter and she saved and bought old light bulbs and her entire 5th grade class made them for their moms. We just used some glittery plaid material to form hats and bows. They are probably hanging on trees this year still. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like the ornaments - very ingenious. (The light definitely went on, for that one.) Couldn't resist it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dios te bendiga mi querida hermana , wuau , pero que preciosidad de muñequitos de nieve , me encantan . Se ven tan lindos y graciosos . En verdad tienes un don que te ha concedido el Señor , pues haces cualquier cosa que te propongas , y encima te quedan muy hermosos , te felicito . Me gustaria tener unos muñequitos de esos , pero vivo muy lejos para poder adquirirlos , vivo en islas canarias , en españa y seguro que aqui no llegarian los muñequitos , jeje Muchos besos y abrazos , hasta la proxima . pili fleitas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sweet lady. Your ornaments are Gorgeous for Christmas !
    You always have some great ideas. I hope you are doing well and your family are all doing well also.lol
    God Bless you all.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie