Monday, December 7, 2015

Sweet Hearts

There are some really kind ladies with sweet hearts that I have met through Sweet Melanie.  One in particular is Rhoada...she is known for her lovely ruffles!  From tree skirts, to pillows, to stockings...you name it, this gal can make them absolutely gorgeous!

One day I received a message on facebook from her and she was wanting to know if I wanted some vintage Christmas ornaments.  I asked how much and once I knew, I would make sure I had enough in my pay pal account.  Well, she wasn't having that!  She was giving them to me....now how sweet was she?  

I still have more to share of the goody box she sent...but that'll be another blog post.   So here are a few her ornaments throughout our home.  


The colors ranged from green, aqua's and turquoise.  I thought the green looked lovely on the window ledge with my pink ornaments.  One in particular says Merry Christmas....I really like that one.


They have that aged mercury glass look that any gal would adore!  Look how pretty they look with silver glitter snowflakes!


My reindeer holds a special one that has a home in the snow in the center.  How they all take me back to when I was a little girl living with my Mammaw.


Now look at this one...isn't it perfect?!  If I could box up a million hugs and mail them to her, I would be on my way to the PO right now with a box in hand!


This one is my absolute favorite!  I will cherish them always and will definitely have sweet thoughts of Rhoada,  though I have never met her in person.  Maybe one day....

I thought I would share a little bit of the "little girls room" all spiffy'd up for Christmas.  I kept it really simple.


Somehow I ended up with a bird theme.


I found some pale colored lights online, they are perfect all by themselves just strung over the mirror.


I love bird houses and birds, so adding them to the window ledge and the shelves just came natural.

When I came across the sign I made a few years ago, I got excited.  Perfect for under the window!


And a simple little piece of pine made into a wreath with another ornament from Rhoada...it's a bell.  Just darling!


One last thing to share for now....I have so much I have to refrain myself, lol. 
This is a sign I made from a block of wood and modge podge....my sentiments exactly!
It is Merry Christmas, not Happy Holidays in our home.  Simply because Christ is the reason for the season.  

So until next time, I pray your week is blessed with lot's of love and hugs! 



1 comment:

  1. Dios te bendiga mi niña .Me encanta cada unos de los adornos navideños que has puesto en tu lindo hogar .Se nota muy calido y acogedor y lo mas importante , que la presencia de Dios esta en tu hogar .Te felicito , con la ayuda santa y buena de Dios ,has formado un hogar muy calido , muy entrañable ,muy acogedor , con la hermosa familia que Dios te ha concedido . Me encanta cada una de las estancias de tu hogar ,refleja un hogar cristiano . Muchos besitos para ti y tu linda family

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie