Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Happy Birthday to Me

 I usually never make a big ta-doo about my birthday, but this one seems kinda special.  This past year has been very unpredictable for all of us, but I have to say it has been a year that has blessed me.  I love the fact as I get older, I get wiser, lol.  I've learned so many new things about myself.  I've noticed that I see things differently about life and am holding tighter to the things I love.  
That includes my camera!  
I absolutely love learning about how to adjust the settings and all of the editing options on Lightroom.  In the beginning, I had no clue that there was "noise" in a photograph.  Noise?  What?  I noticed one day, as I was editing, that there was all of this little tiny grain looking stuff all in my photo.  Well, lo and behold, I figured out that was what "noise" is, lol!  And I am still figuring out how to edit it out.  But I am also learning that different lenses and your ISO can cut that down...so please bear with me as I share some photos I'm learning with.


I want that sharp, soft look without making it super sharp and crazy looking.  I think I'm getting it slowly.  It'll just take time and practice.  Taking photos in low lighting and inside definitely makes for a harder time capturing the right mood too.  The lighting and shadows on this photo look exactly what I was wanting to convey....what I see in my home at night.  


My sweet little family all chipped in and bought me the new Petticoat bedding from the Shabby Chic line.  It's still wrinkled straight out of the bag, but I love it!  Those ruffles are gorgeous!  


The bedding I previously had was from the same line and has worn so well....definitely worth the price!  I started putting away the Christmas decorations downstairs last night, and I am ready for some pretty changes.  It seems that I always change things up a bit after everything has been put away.  I bought some really pretty floral arrangements from Home Goods, so I am excited about adding them to this space.


Another new mirror was hung in the stair well.  My sweet husband bought it for me for Christmas but it was brown.  He said he knew I would paint it and it would do well with how I distress things.  He said he's been trained well, lol!  I love that man!


Overlook the quality of the photo...it's from my cell phone.  The day after Christmas I painted it and hung it up.  
No grass grows under my feet!

We all had a very blessed Christmas!  There were lot's of laughs and plenty of good times had by all....and the food was pretty good too!


We decided, at 3 am, to take a family photo on Christmas Eve.  We stayed up all night long and opened presents around 4:30am.  Had a huge breakfast at 6 and were all in bed at 7.  Now that's what I call having a great time! lol

So this birthday is a blessing, even with the aches and pains that go along with it!  

I hope all of you have had a wonderful Christmas and have a very Blessed New Year!




8 comments:

  1. Christmas needs to be a state of mind ALL year long, and I'm so happy that you have it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday... Your photos are simply stunning and your home is BREATHTAKING.. Your home is my daydream. So beautiful. I look forward to all your post, and I linger over EVERY detail in all your photos... Thanks for sharing your beautiful world. So glad your CHRISTmas was good, and praying your New Year is even better... Blessings to you Sweet Melanie...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Melanie! God bless you in another year! Your home is lovely and always looks immaculate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola mi querida hna melanie. Muchas felicidades por tu cumple, deseo con todo mi corazón, que lo disfrutes con tus seres queridos. Que el Señor te conceda los anhelos y deseos de tu corazón. Muchos besitos, Dios los bendiga. Muy feliz entrada de año 😙😙🎂🎁

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! You have a beautiful family, and a beautiful home! I don't always leave comments but I follow you and have read every post. How awesome it must be to live in your beautiful home. We are in the process of buying a home and I would love for it to look just like yours! I may be a copy cat in the near future! lol! Have a wonderful New Year, praying your sweetie finds his perfect job soon! Hugs, Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie